All-inclusive Web sites for PULMONARY & CRITICAL CARE
MORE MEDICAL LINKS!
A huge amount of medical information is on the web, for both health professionals and the general public. The following "supersites" are good places to begin browsing. As indicated, some of the sites contain much information for the general public (patients and their families). Otherwise, medical supersites defy easy description because they are so all inclusive, and because they frequently add new information. You must browse them to see what they offer. Note that free Medline searches are available in some sites.
- Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Health Sourcesis a super "list of lists," arranged by speciality.
- MEDICAL MATRIX-- Parent of the Pulmonary and Critical Care sites listed above; with its own search engine
- HEALTH ON THE NET allows searching a database for medical sites and hospitals, AND provides free access to MEDLINE.
- Medsite Navigator -- Many superlinks besides Medline.
- Medscape -- a comprehensive site for both physicians and patients; JAMA's ex-editor-in-chief is Medscape's head editor.
- Doctor's Guide to the Internet
- Physician's Guide to the Internet
- PharmInfoNet-- A Comprehensive pharmacy site.
- RxList-- A search engine for drugs; enter a generic or brand name to retrieve information
- Mayo Clinic's HealthOasis -- a large resource for patients.
- Virtual Hospital -- a large section for the general public
- Finding Medical Information on the Web-- links to the Merck Manual
- Health Answers -- a large section for the general public
- MedicineNet -- designed for the general public; numerous links
- Healthfinder -- designed for the health consumer by the U.S. Government. Numerous links
Return to Pulmonary home page
Mt. Sinai Medical Library Home Page --
Forward any comments to: email@example.com
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Lawrence Martin, M.D.