The previous question in this contest was based on blood gases. This question is based on
Please e-mail your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
The person with the first set of correct answers received by e-mail will be the winner, and he or she will receive a copy of the book from Amazon.com.
-> For each of the following 15 medical themes or plots (divided into 5
categories), name the movie.
-> Also, name the underlined actor or actress; if there is more than one version of the movie, use the latest version.
-> Useful aid: www.imdb.com.
1. Psychiatrist falls in love with patient, who in an earlier role was enthralled to a pretty woman.
2. Psychiatrist hates this patient, a poor man who in the past has battled ghosts and ground hogs.
3. Psychiatrist is introduced to patient whose plea for help he can't refuse - or else.
4. Doctor messes with DNA, really screws things up; his famous line from another film ("Oh, the horror! The horror!") would apply here.
5. Headline in big city: "Sadistic dentist fodder for alien plant!"
6. Headline in another big city: "Doctor's wife engages in prostitution".
7. Headline in small town: "Doctor's wife lies, cheats, steals".
8. This would be patient keeps pestering Doc Daneeka - but the answer is always no.
9. Doctors "Hawkeye" and "Trapper John" sure know how to win this war.
10. Doctor is called in to investigate death at Manhattan Hospital - and at one point wants to kill himself.
HEROES AND HEROINES
11. Doctor ministers to her husband, young sailors; storm conquers all.
12. Doctor ministers to people long held captive in their own bodies.
13. Doctor uncovers dark conspiracy in the 1970's; is almost killed for her efforts
14. Doctor uncovers even darker conspiracy in the 1990's; is almost killed for her efforts.
15. Physician to disciple: "You splice, I'll deliver."
Return to Pulmonary Home Page/ Return to Mt. Sinai Medical Society Home Page/ E-mail Dr. Martin